With a diverse background in digital and tangible experience design, I thrive in ever-changing environments and complex problem spaces. Though the tools I use are dependent on the problem at hand, the design methodologies I leverage are tried and true.
USER-DRIVEN AND HUMAN-CENTERED
Design can make a difference
I've seen it happen
My goal is to remove barriers and facilitate a usable, rewarding, and delightful user experience, whether it be for broad user-bases (Verizon Wireless customers), hungry burrito-lovers (Moe’s Southwest Grill), or pet owners seeking premium quality food (Rachael Ray Nutrish).
I’ve also seen how design can make a positive impact for underrepresented communities and nonprofits, evidenced in my work with the Georgia Aquarium, the GCCA, the Marcus Autism Center, the Fulton County Department of Health, and the HWCAC.
• Translated business requirements for desktop, mobile and tablet experiences
• Designed flows and interface components for customer-facing portals
• Constructed functional prototypes for desktop and mobile
• Implemented guerrilla testing to support iterative design efforts
• Conducted competitive and gap analyses for clients and stakeholders
• Produced component audits for cross-platform migrations
UX & Content Strategist
Georgia Tech / 2013-2015
• Implemented the yearlong analysis, redesign, and launch of the new Ivan Allen College website, overhauling the information architecture, interaction design, and written content.
• Produced documentation, work-flow, and strategy documents to support the evolving brand.
• Clarified the purpose and scope of existing media, modifying format and content to enhance a targeted strategy
• Authored original news articles, press releases, profiles, and research features
Athens Regional Library System / 2012-2013
• Established a cohesive design language to showcase the educational and enrichment initiatives undertaken by the eleven-library system, producing posters, brochures, and flyers.
• Authored press releases, public service announcements and brief articles for web, print and radio.
• Created visual assets for a grant provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and documentation for grant renewal.
George Foster Peabody Awards / 2012-2013
• Served on a committee of industry professionals to review film and television entries to the 72nd Annual Peabody Awards.
• Contributed to discussion surrounded the execution and intent of digital artifacts.
• Participated in the voting process to recommend submissions for final review.
• Produced documentation and written recommendations
The Red & Black / 2012
• Proofed the weekly newspaper for style, layout, and content.
• Collaborated with writers and production assistants to revise and modify copy.
• Assisted in the final process of submission before print
M.S. Digital Media
Georgia Institute of Technology
Experimented with innovative technologies in the implementation of design methodologies for tangible and digital products. Conducted research for industry leaders, non-profits, and local organizations.
B.A. Mass Media Arts
University of Georgia
Studied the production and implementation of mass media technologies, including film, television, music, and interactive digital media. Specializations in sociology and music business.
Interested in Working Together?
I'm passionate about design and looking for new opportunities.